• 10-05-2013, 11:22 AM
    Grandpaw
    Trouble seeing rear LCD screen
    When I am outside in bright light it is almost impossible to see the rear LCD for filming video. Any suggestions to fix this problem? I have looked on line at some stores and they want $200 to $350 for something to attach to the back of my D600 and I think that is more than I am willing to spend on it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Jeff
  • 10-05-2013, 03:21 PM
    Don Schaeffer
    Re: Trouble seeing rear LCD screen
    I once made a viewer out of a plastic slide viewer. I removed the back and fastened the magnifier part to the camera so that the LCD was where the slide would have been. I don't know if you can find plastic slide viewers any more, but this is very cheap and works fine. You can attach it to the camera with Velcro or an elastic chord.
  • 10-06-2013, 03:49 AM
    Grandpaw
    Re: Trouble seeing rear LCD screen
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Schaeffer View Post
    I once made a viewer out of a plastic slide viewer. I removed the back and fastened the magnifier part to the camera so that the LCD was where the slide would have been. I don't know if you can find plastic slide viewers any more, but this is very cheap and works fine. You can attach it to the camera with Velcro or an elastic chord.

Thanks Don, I'll check it out.