Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

Thread: TFP Shoot

Question TFP Shoot

So it's actually a TFCD shoot. It's my first shoot and I'm really nervous. The theme for the shoot is punk/fairy/homelss, so its fairly broad. There will be (at this stage), 14 models, 1 MUA and 4 photogs.

What should I expect?

How many photo's do you think I'm expected to take?

Does anyone have any tips or tricks to give to me?

Any advice, good or bad, is greatly appreciated. The shoot is on Sunday morning.

TIA!

Daniel
    danic

George Zimbel: Digital diahhrea is a disease for which there is a simple cure. Take one frame of a scene. It is exquisite training for your eye and your brain. Try it for a month. Then try it for another month…then try it for another month…..

RedBubble

Nature/Wildlife Forum Co-Moderator Loupey's Avatar

Re: TFP Shoot

Maybe it's me but I've been trying to figure out what a TFP or a TFCD is exactly. Well I think I've got the CD part but what's the rest?

I'm not hip to all this internet/texting lingo.
    Please do not edit or repost my images.

See my website HERE.

What's a Loupe for anyway?

It stands for Time for Print or Time for CD. No money is exchanged, only Time For Print or CD's.

We have a release form, but not too sure if everyone is happy to use it, so I'm just wondering if there were some unwritten rules about TFP or TFCD shoots.
    danic

George Zimbel: Digital diahhrea is a disease for which there is a simple cure. Take one frame of a scene. It is exquisite training for your eye and your brain. Try it for a month. Then try it for another month…then try it for another month…..

RedBubble

Hi Daniel, TFP is "Time for Print" Your time or her time in exchange for photos on CD or depending on what you work out with each model you shoot, she might ask for a couple 8x10's. You want only the best models who will represent your style in the best light. You don't have to shoot all 14 models in one day. Pick 2-4 models depending on the time restraints given and concentrate on only those 2-4 models. If you want to practice with just 1 or 2 models and concentrate all your time and energy with just those 1 or 2 models would be the best in my opinion. If you try to shoot all 14 in one day, your going to overwelm yourself and you wont do your best. If you work out an agreement with a model, make darn sure you follow through with your end because if you promise a model images on CD or some 8x10's and you don't follow through, you probably wont be doing anymore TFP shoots again because models DO talk among themselves in their own modeling forums. Treat each and every model you work with, with the utmost respect. Don't touch, Don't curse or yell at, Be professional, Look them in the eyes and not at their brests, most of all- treat them like you would want someone to treat your sister, with respect. TFP shoots are a learning experiance. Don't be nervous but have fun. If you make them laugh, you can get some really nice casual shots. Pick a model who knows how to strike a pose and doesn't just stand there like " a lump on a log". Compliment her if she's doing a good job. If you go in worring weather or not your going to do good or bad, your probably going to do bad. Be confident and have FUN!!!

Regards, Erik Barnes

Wow, it looks like you just got a lot of good advice. The toughest part may be looking them in their eyes. :blush2: It sounds like Eric has had experience.
    Mike
    www.specialtyphotoandprinting.com
    Canon 30D X 2, Canon 100-400L, Thrift Fifty, Canon 18-55 IS 3rd generation lens plus 430 EX II flash and Better Beamer. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the advice Erik!

Unfortunately my 5 month old was sick and I couldn't go. A friend posted some shots, which looked pretty good, so I'm looking foward to the next shoot!
    danic

RedBubble

Thread Information