Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

some help in sports film photography

I am a newbie here. I just like to know if its oik always to use flash on indoor events or should I follow the exposure guide in my ricoh xr-8.? thanks...

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Re: some help in sports film photography

It depends on the event, many will forbid flash photography.

If you're up in the stands, I think your built-in flash isn't going to make much difference.
    The light that reaches the action, and then comes back to your camera, isn't going to be enough unless you are either close (and so it's more disturbing) or you have a powerful flash.

I would use the highest ISO film available, and the smallest aperture - and live with the shutter speed you end up with from the meter.
    Use the widest aperture lens (the XR8 is an SLR I think).
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Re: some help in sports film photography

You will need fast glass. The sports I shot you can not use flash, and if you do a horse could spook and may injury a rider, a good way to end up as a unwelcome person.

I said fast glass that is a minim of F2.8 or faster. And you need to make sure you have the auto-focus setting set correctly or you use manual focus. And using fast glass you need to be aware of the DOF.
    GRF

Panorama Madness:

Nikon D800, 50mm F1.4D AF, 16-35mm, 28-200mm & 70-300mm

Thread Information