Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

trouble with driver for Windows 7 - Canon 350D SLR

Hi all,

I have an issue with my camera being recognised when plugged into the USB to download the images on my PC. I was previously using windows XP, but have just upgraded my PC with Windows 7 (64 bit OS). I have tried downloading all the latest stuff from the Canon website, but to no avail. Additionally, my computer can see that the camera is plugged into the USB, and it evens identifies it as a 'Canon' but it has no drivers listed...nor can it find any on either an internet or disk search.

Anyone else had this issue??

Cheers,

bigkingfish1

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Re: trouble with driver for Windows 7 - Canon 350D SLR

I've seen other reports that 64 bit doesn't play nice with most cameras
    If I upgrade to Windows 7 I plan to stick with 32 bit in case it affects firmware downloads for my Olympus via the new updater software.
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

One of my daughter's friends has a Canon Rebel. I can't take the memory card out of the camera and read it in the card reader. The card reader does not see the card as formatted. And to add insult to injury I have to load a driver to use the camera as a card reader to read the card. I soo spoiled after using a card reader with the old Olympus C-3030 and then the Nikon. I just don't like Canon, as my daughter keep having me unload the photos from the Canon.
    GRF

Panorama Madness:

Nikon D800, 50mm F1.4D AF, 16-35mm, 28-200mm & 70-300mm

Quote Originally Posted by SmartWombat
    I've seen other reports that 64 bit doesn't play nice with most cameras
    If I upgrade to Windows 7 I plan to stick with 32 bit in case it affects firmware downloads for my Olympus via the new updater software.
    It does if you are running 64 bit Snow Leopard. Doesn't help the OP at this point however.

Thread Information