RED EYE help

Printable View

• 07-31-2006, 01:54 AM
    glammgrl5
    RED EYE help
    can anyone explain why blue eyes always develop red and brown eyes stay the same??? thanks so much!!
  • 07-31-2006, 04:58 AM
    mjs1973
    Re: RED EYE help
    Here's a link that explains what causes red eye. It doesn't explain WHY it's more prominent in people with light colored eyes tho.
  • 07-31-2006, 08:27 AM
    walterick
    Quote:

Originally Posted by glammgrl5
    can anyone explain why blue eyes always develop red and brown eyes stay the same??? thanks so much!!

Hmm, I hadn't noticed that redeye only occurs with light eyes. Is that true?
  • 07-31-2006, 09:18 AM
    mwfanelli
    Quote:

Originally Posted by glammgrl5

Blue eyes do not have pigment. My guess is that the darker pigments block most of the reflection off the veins. Of course, I have seen red-eye with brown-eyed subjects as well, just not as vivid.
  • 08-01-2006, 03:49 AM
    kalsey
    My entire family have brown eyes, and I used my camera the other day at a party. Since it was in the dark, EVERYONE had very red-eyes. I don't think theres any truth behind brown eyes being more resistant.

On the subject, is there a program or easy way to reduce red-eye? Photoshopping is quite time-consuming for 100+ images :rolleyes:
  • 08-01-2006, 04:59 AM
    mjs1973
    Off camera flash will help to prevent red eye from happening. If you are using your cameras build in flash, there isn't much you can do about it. If you're using an auxillary flash, get a flash bracket and raise it up higher.

I don't know of any way to "batch" process the files to fix red eye, but the red eye took in PS works pretty good. You will just have to do one image at a time.