Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

Red Dot shows up in my pictures...

I have a canon a75 and in certain modes and motion video i have a red dot that shows up in my pictures, right in the middle of it...what is this? how do i get rid of this problem?

Re: Red Dot shows up in my pictures...

I don't know much about your red dot problem, I suggest you can post some sample picture maybe some helpfull folk in here can help.

Quote Originally Posted by JTcooper
    I don't know much about your red dot problem, I suggest you can post some sample picture maybe some helpfull folk in here can help.

here's a sample on the panel side towards the bottom in the middle of the panel...anyone?

This may be a crop of a larger image - and it's a hot pixel. It will show up in dark areas like this, and sometimes they're blue or green too. The only way to fix it is to send the camera in. I'm not sure what exactly they do, but they won't change the sensor or anything - I think they just tell the processor to "ignore" that pixel or something (read a description of it once)...

The other option is the clone tool in Photoshop, which is what I use. Both of my cameras do it from time to time, but it's rarely much of a problem.

Thread Information