• 03-12-2004, 12:57 PM
    Jeff82
    Question on Close-up lenses
    I needing to purchase close-up lenses for my Nikkor 60mm macro lens. I'd also like to get a set for my Nikkor 180 2.8. I'm wondering if there would be a problem just getting one set of 72mm close-up lenses, and then using a 62mm step-down ring to use them on my 60mm lens.

I know this works well be regular filters, but does this in anyway distort the optics of close-up lenses?

Thanks in advance,

--Jeff
  • 03-15-2004, 11:19 PM
    tgtaylor7
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff82
    I needing to purchase close-up lenses for my Nikkor 60mm macro lens. I'd also like to get a set for my Nikkor 180 2.8. I'm wondering if there would be a problem just getting one set of 72mm close-up lenses, and then using a 62mm step-down ring to use them on my 60mm lens.

I know this works well be regular filters, but does this in anyway distort the optics of close-up lenses?

Thanks in advance,

--Jeff

I'm not an expert on close-up lens by a long shot and own only one which I purchased recently at a local camera swap. This was for a Pentax 67. From the literature accompaning the lens, Pentax makes 2 close-ups for the P67: One for the 105mm (normal) lens and another for the 165mm lens (equiv to an 82mm on a 35mm camera). Both lens take a 67mm front filter but each requires a different close-up lens. From this requirement I assume that each close-up is engineered for a specific focal length.