• 05-12-2004, 10:29 AM
    Protecting new camera purchase??
    I have a friend who has suggested that I get an extension tube and lens filter to protect my lens/housing. I have take a lot of photos of my kids in the outdoors and I am looking for something like body armour for the lens housing. I just bought a new digital Olympus C-5060 camera and they don't seem to have any extension tube/adapters that I can put on it that will also accept the uv filter at the other end.
    I was hoping that someone here might know of an alternate brand of tube that would work?

    As a newbie I am not sure of which number I need to use when looking for these lens adapters, so here is all the specs I have:
    Olympus site spec for lens: Olympus aspherical glass 4x zoom lens 5.7 22.8mm (27 110mm equivalent in 35mm photography)

    The actual camera lens says: AF Zoom 5.7 -22.9mm 1: 2.8 - 4.8

  • 05-12-2004, 02:06 PM
    40.5mm filter size and a CLA-7 Lens Adapter Tube are as close as you'll get to what you asked for.

    the CLA-7 Lens Adapter Tube has no filter thread though.

    CARE when using it is your best bet :)