Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

Thread: Samsung NX10

Samsung NX10

Hi

On my recent trip to the mall, I stopped into one of the camera stores to quickly see what was on sale.
    I noticed that they had reduced the price of this samsung model to $299 CDN. They claim it has been reduced by $350. Never owning a dslr, I wonder if this is a good buy. I did check the reviews and dpreview gave it 69%, trusted reviews gave it 9/10. I currently have the Panasonic FZ7, just wondering if the image quality would be 100% better.
    Thanks for any info you can give me

Re: Samsung NX10

There are a few things, the NX10 1) has more resolution, 2) the imaging cells are larger as the sensor is much larger the Panasonic FZ7, 3) the NX10 has a larger ISO range, 4) lenses from fisheye to telescope and its your choice.

On the down side the lenses will cost any were between $50 (used primes) upward of 10K for very large telephoto lenses.

Summary there is not any question that the Samsung NX10 is a better camera but unlike the Panasonic FZ7 there is always a lens or photo thing you will want!
    GRF

Panorama Madness:

Nikon D800, 50mm F1.4D AF, 16-35mm, 28-200mm & 70-300mm

Thread Information