Picture Resize

Printable View

• 09-21-2011, 05:24 PM
    Aungwin
    Picture Resize
    Could someone explain how to resize to 2000 resolution form the original pictures?

• 09-21-2011, 06:03 PM
    starriderrick
    Re: Picture Resize
    Hi there, :O)
    You'll need some sort of software in your p.c. to do that [re-size]. Did you go on-line, check out the ArcSoft Studio? It's easy to use (beginner friendly) I don't mind resizing them for you as you post (untill you get set-up) I'll go , check it out, post the link.

Rick
  • 09-21-2011, 06:05 PM
    starriderrick
  • 09-22-2011, 11:18 AM
    freygr
    You can use: Gimp, Any version of Photoshop or Elements, Any version of Paint Shop or Paint Shop Pro, ADCsee, Thumbs Plus just to name a few. Almost any photo suit will let you resize your digital images. Just remember not to overwrite your original images with your smaller sized images.

Just remember resizing for printing using DPI (dots per inch) is not the same as changing the pixel count for web use. Note you will never be able to print the web sized images with the same quality or details as the originals.
  • 09-22-2011, 08:23 PM
    Aungwin
    Thanks Rick for the software link. After I downloaded, I have hard time installing.

I have Element 9 software. I don't know much of the leyers, but I know how to use the cropping tool, Spot Healing Brush and Clone Stamp Tool.

In order to do the resizing to 2000 resolution, how would I do it? Using the Crop Tool? If it is, how would I know I have achieve the 2000 resolution?

Thanks
  • 09-22-2011, 09:58 PM
    starriderrick
    Question:
    In order to do the resizing to 2000 resolution, how would I do it? Using the Crop Tool? If it is, how would I know I have achieve the 2000 resolution?

To resize is not the same as a crop. 2000 res is an example long side of the image for example. From the camera @ full res 4895 x 3678 ect.ect.ect. a resize is set to the long side. for example 1250 x 840. This is the size image in most of my posts.
    Look for the resize feature in your current software. Cropping is removing parts...resize is making a complete image ( as composed) easier to view.

freygr had some good advice for you as well.....

There are so... many programs out there. Just go to the ArcSoft website, purchase for $ 39.00 So easy to use edition. Gimp I think...is free. Get on the web & do your homework! :O)

Rick
  • 09-23-2011, 08:50 AM
    Aungwin
    Thank you Rick I think I got it now. After I work on the RAW file and save with JPEG file, I can set the resolution accordingly?

Thanks