Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

Calendars to benefit a charity

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone knew how this sort of thing worked. I want to create a calendar (with photos) that can be purchased off a certain charities website. Ideally the person would click on a link that would take them to a certain site (Shutterfly, Ritz or whatever...) and they could purchase the calendar with a certain % of the profit going back to the charity.

Do you know of any sites that would do something like this? You always hear about "proceeds go to benefit xyz Charity...", I just don't know how it works.

Thanks

Re: Calendars to benefit a charity

Most generally in a situation like that, the charity would have the calendars (order info and ads) on the charity website, the person would pay the charity direct, and the charity places the orders and either has it sent to buyer, or has all sent to charity for pick-up (if it's local) ...

Calendars are usually a one-time late year item for the coming new year, and so it would make sense for the charity to collect orders late in the year for the coming year, then order all at once ... with some extras for late donors or individual fundraisers.

Thread Information