Pentax KM vs KX

Printable View

• 03-10-2004, 04:53 AM
    Fred
    Pentax KM vs KX
    Hi there,

i am in a dilemma and cannot choose between the beautiful pentax KX or the equally beautiful KM. i understand that the KX has mirror lock-up, but does the KM have anything that the KX doesn't? durability? less prone to go wrong? etc...
    please help me, or reply to freddiebourne@hotmail.com.

many many thanks, Fred
  • 03-10-2004, 01:09 PM
    Van A
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Fred
    Hi there,

i am in a dilemma and cannot choose between the beautiful pentax KX or the equally beautiful KM. i understand that the KX has mirror lock-up, but does the KM have anything that the KX doesn't? durability? less prone to go wrong? etc...
    please help me, or reply to freddiebourne@hotmail.com.

many many thanks, Fred

Both the KM and KX (as well as the rest of the Pentax K-series) are great cameras. I would go for the KX over the KM because of the more responsive metering cells (silicon vs. Cds) plus having both the aperture/shutter speed visible in the viewfinder. The KM I believe is based on the Spotmatic that has been updated to accept the K-mount lenses. Never owned any of these (or any K camera) but have great admiration for them.
  • 03-16-2004, 10:52 AM
    trevor_little
    I learned on the KM and it was an amazing camera. if the KX is anything like it it should be a great camera too. As for the meter, i always got dead on exposures with the KM. Pentax had amazing optics for the time, the camera was solid, all metal, has a great feel and the controls are placed perfectly.
    almost as good as my FM3a but makes a great backup.

peace- Trevor