Old camera question

Printable View

• 11-06-2012, 08:02 PM
    Lori11
    5 Attachment(s)
    Old camera question
    Hi there,
    I came into some old camera's and gear as the passing of a friend, I did find the Kodak camera's online, cant figure out how to get it to pop out however lol but I think one has film in it? Any help would be great they are pretty cool, to me anyway! The last photo is of a box of some kind of adapter plates made in Germany, what are they and what kind of camera did they work with?
    Thanks!
  • 11-07-2012, 08:22 AM
    Franglais
    Re: Old camera question
    This looks like 120 roll film in the Kodak camera. You see that in picture 2 there is a lift-up tab on the right. If you turn this counter-clockwise then you will wind the film back onto the roll until the paper backing disengages from the sprocket at the other end of the camera. I guess that if you then pull the tab thing to the right (outwards) it will disengage from the film roll in the camera and allow you to remove it.

The box of plate film seems to be made by Rollei which would mean that it was for a 6x6 twin-lens reflex camera, to take the place of the 120 roll film it usually used.
  • 11-07-2012, 10:45 AM
    wfooshee
    Lori, if you haven't been there, try Mike Butkus's page here. He has a very nice library of owner guides and repair manuals for about 35 trillion cameras. I linked you directly to the Kodak page.
  • 11-07-2012, 11:47 PM
    Lori11
    :thumbsup: Thank you both so much! Going to check out his page now!
  • 11-12-2012, 02:52 PM
    Ricky 400
    i have one of these, im told the film isnt sold anymore but if you find the size etc, there may be a modern film that may fit. youtube is my best friend with this sort of thing so i suggest you look on there for the model no. as to opening it put maybe a very little amount of grease on it, not so much to penetrate and leak inside though if its jammed
  • 11-12-2012, 04:15 PM
    Lori11
    I just have them for display, and thanks for the fyi on the instructions! The "accordion" part is what will not open, I will work on it, thank you!
  • 11-14-2012, 12:33 PM
    freygr
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricky 400 View Post
    i have one of these, im told the film isnt sold anymore but if you find the size etc, there may be a modern film that may fit. youtube is my best friend with this sort of thing so i suggest you look on there for the model no. as to opening it put maybe a very little amount of grease on it, not so much to penetrate and leak inside though if its jammed

120 Roll Film is still available plus some others. 620 roll film is just 120 on a smaller spool so 120 roll film can be respooled to 620 spools. A good forum for all things film is: http://www.apug.org/
  • 11-14-2012, 05:17 PM
    Lori11
    thank you!
  • 11-29-2012, 12:17 PM
    chilliefalls
    You can actually pull up an old Agfa Ansco catalog from around 1930. It is really cool and worth the search.
  • 11-29-2012, 12:19 PM
    Lori11
    Nice, thanks!!