Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

Need help with a project. :)

Hi guys!

This is Nicole here and I was wondering if you can help me with something here.

I am an amateur photographer, but I do follow it keenly. It's one of the biggest hobbies which I have.

Anyway, the other day, my friend has asked me to take the photographs for her travel blog and she wants her homepage picture to be a spectacular view of landscape. There is actually a small hill near by our place, from where you get a terrific view.

To give you an idea, you can imagine the size of the picture to be of this - http://almia-mobler.se/?page_id=13

As you can see the photograph there, I would like the image of the landscape to be something similar - capturing everything.

Now, what sort of equipment do you think I will be needing? I have a NikonD5100.

Since this is my first project, any and all help would be well appreciated! Thank you and have a good day.

GB1

Re: Need help with a project. :)

Nicole, if you mean that super wide picture of the living room at the top of the page, they probably did a panoramic there. That's where you take multiple images and 'stitch' them together into one. Done properly, the viewer would never see the transition points.

I have never done a good pano. I just haven't gotten around to them. But there's software out there that can help you do it... here's an online one:

Fotor Photo Stitch – Free Online Photo Stitching Tool | Fotor Photo Editor

Photoshop CS5 and CS6 also has that function.

It is more about technique however. The amt of overlap of the images, lens focal length, and exposure all come into play. What's funny is that sophisticated point-and-shoots have it built in and can guide you, and I've seen results from them that are indiscernible from normal shots.

I hope this all helps. There should be many online references.

G
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

customised wallpaper

its a greate message for us to very helpfull for us.

Either do as one person said and do a pano or get a super wide angle lens.

Thread Information