Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

Need help!!! Lens adapters for the nikon d60?

Hi,

I was digging around in the basement and came across my wife's old camera set, in it I found a Telesor polarizer lens I would love to use it with my nikon d60 but I is just a tiny hair from fitting correctly! My question is... Are lens adapters common or even in existence? if so any suggestions on where to find one?
    -Thanks

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Re: Need help!!! Lens adapters for the nikon d60?

PK I think may mean Pentax K mount - if so that's why it won't fit your Nikon.

The Telesor polariser is a filter screwed onto the front of the lens.
    So as long as you have another lens that is 62mm in diameter on the front, you can unscrew it from this lens and fit it on the another lens.
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

O wow, I didnt realize that! I will go check. Thank you!

Dust yuk

It looks like your lens is full of dust and dirt, which may get onto the camera sensor. The D60 is fitted with an efficient dust removal system (I've seen it work) but even if it fitted I would not put on a digital camera.

BTW what are the two dark spots I see in the images slightly below the edge of the frame right center? It looks like my warning came too late. Try turning on camera on and off a number of times. That's what worked with mine. Each time you turn it on or off it cleans the sensor
    Charles

Nikon D800, D7200, Sony RX100m3
    Not buying any more gear this year. I hope

Also the polarizer filter is a linear filter and it may cause problems with the auto focus and/or light metering problems on some cameras (cameras which have polarization parts in those units). You can adapt the polarizer to lenses smaller than 62mm with a step up adapter.
    GRF

Panorama Madness:

Nikon D800, 50mm F1.4D AF, 16-35mm, 28-200mm & 70-300mm

Looks like there is fungus on the lens too. Not worth it, I wouldn't even bother. If its a good lens, have it cleaned and sell it to someone with a k-mount, otherwise I'd just junk it or throw it with the antiques.

That 62mm polarizer will work on more than just 62mm threads, it will work on anything smaller than 62 as well, provided you supply the right stepping adapter, so if you had a 55mm filter thread, get a 55 to 62mm stepping adapter. only problem you may run into doing this is disabling lens hood use. I've also not had problems with AF on linear polarizer, and I'm usually shooting manual anyway so its ability to properly read metering info is less than important to me. In image I still can't *see* any difference using a circular vs linear polarizer, and a linear polarizer is certainly better than none. Of course, only use in ultra bright sun and around reflective surfaces.

Thread Information