Need a flag background

Printable View

• 02-17-2004, 08:47 AM
    Sebastian
    Need a flag background
    Going to be doing military portraits and I need a flag background. Any idea where I could get somehting large enough??

Thanks in advance...
  • 02-17-2004, 09:05 AM
    paulnj
    ADD IT IN PS!!!!!!

a flag large enough will set you back and it's illegal for a flag to touch the ground my friend!

nice avatar! glad you put it up!
  • 02-17-2004, 09:06 AM
    natatbeach
    have you thought of maybe
    asking the site co-ordinator if they can provide a flag or even talking to someone at the school or military base where you will be shooting....just some thoughts

or projecting a flag behind the couples against a backdrop?
  • 02-17-2004, 09:12 AM
    Asylum Steve
    Have you thought of photoshop?
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebastian
    Going to be doing military portraits and I need a flag background. Any idea where I could get somehting large enough??

Thanks in advance...

I would think that would be easy to drop in, unless of course, you don't want to mess with post editing...
  • 02-17-2004, 09:30 AM
    Sebastian
    Post is impossible, we're printing as soon as the shot is taken.

Projector won't work, the flashes will drown out the image.

As for the legality of the flag touching the ground, I doubt anyone will care... :)

I am leaning towards contacting a local VFW and see what they can do for me. I found one that had a cheesy stars and stripes patter for a bit under 400 dollars...I could not close the browser window fast enough...

Thanks everyone.
  • 02-17-2004, 03:05 PM
    p220sigmans
    I'm sure you have already considered this, but could you do a regular sized flag on a pole beside and slightly behind with a plain background? I know this is the usual portrait, but sometimes the simple is the best.

Terry (non-portrait photographer)
  • 02-17-2004, 07:15 PM
    Sebastian
    Terry,

I've thought about that, but they want something like cadet portraits, background pretty much is entirely flag.

I found a cheap 8 footer, that oughta do.

Thanks for everyone's input!!
  • 02-19-2004, 11:51 AM
    Liz
    Don't forget to post the end result!
    Now I'm anxious to see it.

Liz

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebastian
    Terry,

I've thought about that, but they want something like cadet portraits, background pretty much is entirely flag.

I found a cheap 8 footer, that oughta do.

Thanks for everyone's input!!

• 02-19-2004, 12:00 PM
    Sebastian
    Liz,

I ended up getting the 6x10 foot, it arrived today. Beautiful flag and very reasonably priced. I can definitely see myself doing more with this than just using it as a backdrop.
  • 04-13-2022, 03:52 AM
    samgood
    Re: Need a flag background
    Last time I needed a flag for a photoshoot, I just purchased a new one from American Flags. As far as I am concerned, these guys are still working, here are their contacts https://www.pissedconsumer.com/compa...r-service.html . I didn't have much time for finding a used cheap flag, so that I just purchased a new one.