Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

Unhappy Can't upload from Nikon E7600

A friend of mine and I are both newbies to digital photography. I'm helping her with her computer. One problem of hers has me stymied.

She has a Nikon E7600 camera, and a PC with WIndows XP SP1, Norton Antivirus 5.0 and AOL 8.0. We've installed Picture Project 1.1 three times now. XP sees the camera whenever we plug it in and turn it on. But whenever we try to upload/transfer the pictures, the program hangs. This happens regardless of whether we try to do it through XP directly or by using Picture Project. If it's XP we eventually get a dialog saying the camera is not responsing.

The instructions say it should just start working and soon as we hook up the USB cable and tuwen the camera on. But it doesn't. Nikon online help is useless and we can't reach their phone tech support. What to do?

Thanks.

Re: Can't upload from Nikon E7600

Quote Originally Posted by rowland
    A friend of mine and I are both newbies to digital photography. I'm helping her with her computer. One problem of hers has me stymied.

She has a Nikon E7600 camera, and a PC with WIndows XP SP1, Norton Antivirus 5.0 and AOL 8.0. We've installed Picture Project 1.1 three times now. XP sees the camera whenever we plug it in and turn it on. But whenever we try to upload/transfer the pictures, the program hangs. This happens regardless of whether we try to do it through XP directly or by using Picture Project. If it's XP we eventually get a dialog saying the camera is not responsing.

The instructions say it should just start working and soon as we hook up the USB cable and tuwen the camera on. But it doesn't. Nikon online help is useless and we can't reach their phone tech support. What to do?

Thanks.
    This is why I use a card reader.

I would say first go to Windows update and install SP2, and all the other patchs. Then install MS update and install all those patchs. If you still have problems you will have to find what is conflicting with the USB drives. You will have to us MS Config to do that.

Also take the camera over to a different computer and make sure you can see the images in the camera and copy them. If you can't then the cameera is the problem.
    GRF

Panorama Madness:

Nikon D800, 50mm F1.4D AF, 16-35mm, 28-200mm & 70-300mm

Thread Information