• 08-02-2009, 07:35 AM
    Grandpaw
    Re: Manfrotto 322RC2 Grip Action Ballhead
    Well I ended up buying the Manfrotto 322RC2 Ball head grip from Loupey. It came in Friday and I have tried my Nikon D90 with the 70-300VR zoom and my D80 with my Sigma 135-400APO zoom and it works with both of them. Now it's time to start using my tripod more. I had to get a adapter for $9.95 to match up the head with my tripod legs but it works fine now. I would like to thank everyone for all your comments and replies and a special thanks to Loupey for selling me the grip, Jeff
  • 08-02-2009, 07:54 AM
    Jaedon
    when using big lenses on my tripod I use a gimbal head. It allows full range of movement, panning, tilting, and if you set the tension just right you can let it go at anytime and it will hole whatever position you have left it in.

Mine came from www.jobu-design.com . I use the original Black Widow which is now in generation 2. They are definitely more expensive than a ball head or a grip head but you will never want to use another head for your big lenses again.

I still use my smaller lenses with a pistol grip ball head but since I use them so infrequently the gimbal head is pretty much welded to my tripod.
  • 08-02-2009, 07:55 AM
    icicle
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Grandpaw
    Thanks to everyone for all the input that has been offered. This is the combination I am looking at. All comments are welcome, Jeff

This tripod Manfrotto 055XPROB Pro Tripod Legs (Black)
    Found here http://www.amazon.com/Manfrotto-055X...outThisProduct

With this head Manfrotto 488RC2 Midi Ball Head with RC2 Rapid Connect System (3157N)
    Found here http://www.amazon.com/Manfrotto-488R...8554567&sr=8-3

Grandpaw,
    this is exactly what I have except for the head, I have the next one down, the 486CR2 for my canon Xt and 70-300 mm lens, it holds every thing up perfect so far. and you also can pan with the head.
  • 08-02-2009, 08:06 AM
    gryphonslair99
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Grandpaw
    Well I ended up buying the Manfrotto 322RC2 Ball head grip from Loupey. It came in Friday and I have tried my Nikon D90 with the 70-300VR zoom and my D80 with my Sigma 135-400APO zoom and it works with both of them. Now it's time to start using my tripod more. I had to get a adapter for $9.95 to match up the head with my tripod legs but it works fine now. I would like to thank everyone for all your comments and replies and a special thanks to Loupey for selling me the grip, Jeff

For the Sigma, get another QR plate and mount the lens on the 322 when you use it. It will balance the load better. since that lens weights 3+ lbs and spreads that weight over a larger area. It will increase the stability.
  • 08-02-2009, 09:24 AM
    Grandpaw
    Quote:

Originally Posted by gryphonslair99
    For the Sigma, get another QR plate and mount the lens on the 322 when you use it. It will balance the load better. since that lens weights 3+ lbs and spreads that weight over a larger area. It will increase the stability.

That is exactly what I did. When I bought the adapter I also purchased an additional plate to leave on the Sigma so I should be in good shape, Jeff
  • 10-23-2016, 08:26 PM
    RobertOr
    bath and body works perfume set cheap
    Пурпурный чай -> http://goo.gl/AB1mUb Cellufit -> http://goo.gl/Nk5d5C Крем от суставов http://c.cpl1.ru/cgxk ===========
  • 10-23-2016, 08:27 PM
    RobertOr
    T Clamp
  • 10-25-2016, 12:06 PM
    RobertOr
    Прочные колго
    Прочные колготки из нервущейся ткани ElaSlim -> ElaSlim ?????????? ???????? MaxSize -> GROW YOUR PENIS! ================
  • 11-29-2019, 06:06 AM
    GalenQuag
    best article review ghostwriter site
    Julio Hill from Delray Beach was looking for best article review ghostwriter site Aubrey Lane found the answer to a search query best article review ghostwriter site http://essayerudite.com/images/banner/500x500.jpg write my paper best article review ghostwriter sitebest article review ghostwriter site aubest article review ghostwriter site cabest article review ghostwriter site for collegebest article review ghostwriter site for mastersbest article review ghostwriter site for mbabest article review ghostwriter site for phdbest article review ghostwriter site for schoolbest article review ghostwriter site for universitybest article review ghostwriter site gbbest article review ghostwriter site onlinebest article review ghostwriter site ukbest article review ghostwriter site usbest article review ghostwriter site usabest article review ghostwriter sitesbest article review ghostwriter sites aubest article review ghostwriter sites cabest article review ghostwriter sites for collegebest article review ghostwriter sites for mastersbest article review ghostwriter sites for mbabest article review ghostwriter sites for phdbest article review ghostwriter sites for schoolbest article review ghostwriter sites for universitybest article review ghostwriter sites gbbest article review ghostwriter sites onlinebest article review ghostwriter sites ukbest article review ghostwriter sites usbest article review ghostwriter sites usabest article review ghostwriter websitebest article review ghostwriter website aubest article review ghostwriter website cabest article review ghostwriter website for collegebest article review ghostwriter website for mastersbest article review ghostwriter website for mbabest article review ghostwriter website for phdbest article review ghostwriter website for schoolbest article review ghostwriter website for universitybest article review ghostwriter website gbbest article review ghostwriter website onlinebest article review ghostwriter website ukbest article review ghostwriter website usbest article review ghostwriter website usabest article review ghostwriter websitesbest article review ghostwriter websites aubest article review ghostwriter websites cabest article review ghostwriter websites for collegebest article review ghostwriter websites for mastersbest article review ghostwriter websites for mbabest article review ghostwriter websites for phdbest article review ghostwriter websites for school persuasive essay topicscompare and contrast essay topicsexpository essay topicswrite my research paperinformative essay topics best ghostwriting site gbaspirin coursework250 word essay formatbest thesis proposal ghostwriting sites ukanalysis essay writing websiteaqa food technology coursework 2011andscience essay 723 vom9 filmbay icv 730 ebooks 04w mj u77 txt