Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.
    MDK

My Canon Power Shot A75 has lines going though the screen

Hey,

I joined to ask a questions.I have a Canon Power Shot A75 (I know not a very nice camera) , and yesterday I turned it on to take pictures, and there lines going though the screen kinda like a TV when your not getting it very well. If you guy need more info please ask.

Thanks for any help!

Re: My Canon Power Shot A75 has lines going though the screen

Nothing wrong with an A75, but I'd be surprised if the repair charge would be worth it. Digital cameras are usually pretty expensive to work on, so most likely your options are to live with it or replace it. You could call Canon to find out for sure but that's my guess.

Some companies have had service programs (like recalls) for specific problems with specific cameras that are out of warranty. The sensor went dead in my Fuji S2 DSLR a few years ago and they fixed it free with this program. At the time the camera was worth about $700 and the repair would cost at least that. Nikon has had a couple of these programs as well. Worth a call at least.

Mostly lines through the display is a connection problem with the conductive rubber strip (zebra strip) and the PCB and the LCD panel. If you can get the camera apart just disassembly and cleaning will fix the problem. You have to make sure you get the zebra strip in the correct position on reassembly (do at own risk!!)
    GRF

Panorama Madness:

Nikon D800, 50mm F1.4D AF, 16-35mm, 28-200mm & 70-300mm

MDK

Quote Originally Posted by freygr
    Mostly lines through the display is a connection problem with the conductive rubber strip (zebra strip) and the PCB and the LCD panel. If you can get the camera apart just disassembly and cleaning will fix the problem. You have to make sure you get the zebra strip in the correct position on reassembly (do at own risk!!)
    Okay, do you happen to have a take down guide?

Quote Originally Posted by MDK
    Okay, do you happen to have a take down guide?
    No, I've only had that problem with volt ohm meters, and unless you have worked on small items I would not suggest anyone to tackle that job. I know that you can get the manuals for Sony cameras, but for Canon I have never had to do business with them.
    GRF

Panorama Madness:

I've had this happen with 2 Canon cameras. The first happened with my Powershot A570 IS there was a line down the middle of the screen and it came out on the pictures as well.. I had a horrible experience getting Canon to fix it. They didn't give me any trouble about fixing it, it just took them almost 3 months to "fix it" and when I got it back the line was still there! So I sent it back and got it back and the damn line was still there, then the camera died on me a day after I got it back from them. I sent them print outs of examples and everything. I got it back a 3rd time and it was finally fixed, but I sold it and bought a Powershot S3, no problems with that one. I sold my Powershot S3 a few weeks ago and bought the new Powershot SX110 IS and It has the same line down the middle!! wtf! You can only see it in dark lighting though.. I just don't get it.

Hi, I have a Canon Powershot A75 That has the same problem (elevated to the next level) with multiple lines going across the screen so none of the pictures come out clear at all.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySpTqQrKUik

Photos: http://flickr.com/photos/19469898@N0...7610425657336/

:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

Please Help!!

Quote Originally Posted by Happy-sad
    Hi, I have a Canon Powershot A75 That has the same problem (elevated to the next level) with multiple lines going across the screen so none of the pictures come out clear at all.
    http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/co...=2112&id=48264

The CCD is defective, Canon will replace it for you.

Tanks, I plan to contact Canon tomorrow and see if the CCD is defective.

The display screen is expanded horizontally and blurry on my canon A75 camera. any help would be appreciated. thanks

Check your menu, if the menu is also expanded horizontally and blurry, it's repair shop time.
    GRF

Panorama Madness:

Thread Information