Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

Question How to fasten Domke Gripper Strap to Camera Lugs

I just purchased a Domke strap and each end has a metal ring clip plus a leather triangle with a hole in it. Forgive any ignorance, but how do you fasten these to the lugs on the camera (Panasonic Lumix FZ18K)???

Thanks,

Phil

Mig
    C8H10N4O2
    I ran off on Thursday with a dance troupe from Spain

Re: How to fasten Domke Gripper Strap to Camera Lugs

Hi Phil,

Put the hole in the leather over the lug, then fasten the ring. The leather is there to protect the camera against rubbing from the metal ring.

Danielle
    There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Danielle,

It still wasn't making sense until I saw the pictures in this article:
    http://www.elekm.net/zeiss-ikon/repair/domke-strap.html

In the case of my camera, the body doesn't have an eyelet, it has an rectangular oblong metal bar slot, so I'm not quite sure what to do.

The strap that comes with the camera just threads through the rectangular lug, so I could do that with the Domke, but I'm the plastic length adjustment bar on the strap doesn't seem
    to have teeth to prevent the strap from pulling out (although you would have to have a lot of force)

Phil
    Last edited by charlestek; 05-14-2008 at 10:46 PM.

I have used one this way - not using their ring or leather patch. It worked fine, but pull on it a bit to be sure it's correct. The article that you linked shows the correct way to thread the end of the strap and as long as this is done correctly, the other part shouldn't matter.

Thanks. I got the strap threaded through without the metal ring and leather tab.

Now the big problem is my fat stomach not allowing the camera to sit flat against my body
    ;-( Someone have a link to the weight watchers forum????

Oh, don't try to whiten your teeth using home remedies like lemon juice, baking soda, or hydrogen peroxide, as this can damage your tooth enamel. If you want to have a snow-white smile, then you need to go to a good dentist so that he can perform the procedure for you efficiently and without harm to health. I did this procedure in one popular clinic using chip zoom light . I am happy with this procedure!

Thread Information