Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

how dead am i? Zoom-Nikkor 70-210mm f / 4.5-5.6

i placed a bid on ebay with out reading review for Zoom-Nikkor 70-210mm f / 4.5-5.6...
    the i came and saw the review it seem like a very bad lens...soo err how dead am i?

nature/wildlife co-moderator paulnj's Avatar
    I have seen a few images from said lens and they weren't THAT BAD! sure it's not as sharp as a 80-200f2.8 AF-D/ AFS VR,but I'm sure you didn't bid too high(I HOPE)
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

yea...is not high is at 81 dollor rite now....i was stupid enough to set my high on 100...very very stupid...

I wouldn't be too worried about it. The lens Paul mentions is about $1500 US and weighs 3 lbs. You'll be fine - when you need something else then put it back on ebay.

nature/wildlife co-moderator paulnj's Avatar
    exactly

I guess I should have mentioned the SLIGHT price difference, huh ?

$100 ISN'T too much for that lens. KEH sells it for $99 in excellent condition though

http://www.keh.com/shop/product.cfm?...d&crid=8049496
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

thx u guys very much...some guy desided to save me on the last hour buy out bidding me phew~

Old hack
    Quote Originally Posted by fairladyz_gt-r
    thx u guys very much...some guy desided to save me on the last hour buy out bidding me phew~
    And yet one more person learns eBay lesson number 1 -- always know what something's worth and how much you're willing to spend on it BEFORE bidding. This may sound obvious but many of us found it out the hard way. In a frenzy of bidding, I once pushed the price of a lens to a ridiculous level. Luckily I also got bailed out at the last minute by someone dumber than me. Never made that mistake again.

Regards
    Dennis

Frequent Lurker
    I too learned that lesson, luckily without actually ending up the winning bidder. That is why now, once I determine the max I'm willing to pay, I don't go back to the auction until it is over that way I don't get caught up in the "Maybe if I just go up one more dollar, I'll win it" act.
    Terry

Thread Information