• 09-08-2005, 08:33 AM
    sheikh
    help! casio exilim ex-z750 does not power on
    hi,

i recently bought the exilim ex-z750 camera and have been using it for a couple of days.
    i'm now in india (bought the camera specifically for this vacation!) and now it does not power on any more.

i've tried:
    1. replacing the battery
    2. charging the battery

when i press the power button, a green light goes on for half a second and then...nothing. the lens also moves slightly each time i hit the power button - it is also not fully retracted.

any ideas? i'm in the indian himalalyas now in leh so going to a photo/camera store is out of the question.

any help appreciated...

thanks
  • 09-08-2005, 02:49 PM
    SmartWombat
    Re: help! casio exilim ex-z750 does not power on
    Is the lens edging its way to the out position, ready to take photos?
    Does the charger also power the camera, can you run it on mains?
    It sounds either mechanical, in the motor/mechanism that works the lens.
    Or electronic, it's not sensing that the camera is in the closed or open position.

What you do depends on how expendable the camera is, and what tools you have.
    I managed to fix my Casio 2600 twice, but it died the third time I dropped it.

"No user serviceable parts inside" is an understatement, everything is so miniaturised and tightly packed in small cemeras that it's almost impossible to dismantle an rebuild.

If the lens is on the way out - you could try pulling on the lens as you switch on, and hope that it's just sticky mechanism.
  • 09-08-2005, 07:51 PM
    sheikh
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SmartWombat
    Is the lens edging its way to the out position, ready to take photos?

YES
    Does the charger also power the camera, can you run it on mains?

Charger powers it, canot run it on mains as the voltage is diff in india

It sounds either mechanical, in the motor/mechanism that works the lens.
    Or electronic, it's not sensing that the camera is in the closed or open position.

What you do depends on how expendable the camera is, and what tools you have.
    I managed to fix my Casio 2600 twice, but it died the third time I dropped it.

"No user serviceable parts inside" is an understatement, everything is so miniaturised and tightly packed in small cemeras that it's almost impossible to dismantle an rebuild.

If the lens is on the way out - you could try pulling on the lens as you switch on, and hope that it's just sticky mechanism.

i think it's electronic, tried pulling on the lens.....:(

really PISSED with casio.

thanks for your help...

sheikh yerbouti
  • 11-22-2011, 11:44 AM
    freygr
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sheikh View Post
    i think it's electronic, tried pulling on the lens.....:(

really PISSED with casio.

thanks for your help...

sheikh yerbouti

The lens could be jammed and the electronics see the lens motor drawing too much current shutting down the camera. So take the camera in to a repair shop. Make sure to check the warranty as it may be covered under warranty. Be sure to get a quote from the repair shop as it may be better to purchase an new camera (cost of the repair should be less than 50% of the cost of a replacement camera)
  • 12-13-2011, 09:37 PM
    SERFDG
    good
    good post,,,,,,,,,,,,