Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

I need a camera that can:L

Hello Everyone!

This is my first post, and I wanted to know if anyone could recommend a camera to me that would be able to produce photos at a 640x480 scale, that can produce a date stamp, preferably has a rechargeable battery - and most importantly is cost effective, I'm on a budget!

Any ideas? Even if you know of only a camera that has only 2 of these attributes would be a help!

Thank you thank you thank you!

Sincerely,

Mr. Camera

Re: I need a camera that can:L

It is not necessary to post the same thing nine times. Once is enough to get the answers you need. I deleted the duplicates, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Camera View Post
    Hello Everyone!

This is my first post, and I wanted to know if anyone could recommend a camera to me that would be able to produce photos at a 640x480 scale, that can produce a date stamp, preferably has a rechargeable battery - and most importantly is cost effective, I'm on a budget!

Any ideas? Even if you know of only a camera that has only 2 of these attributes would be a help!

Thank you thank you thank you!

Sincerely,

Mr. Camera
    640 by 480 most likely will not be supported with most cameras now. Allot of cameras do have the visible date/time stop options but not all. Check out: http://www.dpreview.com/ as they have all the current cameras specifications listed.

All JPG image files have the exposure, date & time, (and some times the GPS coordinates iPhone, Android camera phones) listed in the file. So you can always use gimp, paint shop, elements, or photoshop to overlay the date/time stamp and to resize the image afterwords to the VGA size (640x480)
    GRF

Panorama Madness:

Nikon D800, 50mm F1.4D AF, 16-35mm, 28-200mm & 70-300mm

Windows also has a "power tool" called "image resizer" that allows you to right click and simply convert any image to a 640x480 resolution. This can be used when multiple images are selected as well. As frey said, the date time stamp options are available with some cameras, but not all. However, every camera does tag on a date and time to the original image file in what is called "EXIF" data. Maybe thats not what you need, just thought I'd mention that.

Thread Information