• 04-06-2004, 12:55 PM
    kkraczek
    Good price for Sigma 105mm macro?
    Does anyone have an idea of a good price for a used Sigma 105mm macro? I know that they run about $370.00 new, but am not sure what the used value should be. The lens I'm looking at is in like new condition. Thanks!
  • 04-06-2004, 01:17 PM
    another view
    Check keh.com or mpex.com to see if either store has one. I've personally never dealt with these places but they sound like pretty decent stores. Calumet has a used department too.

In any case, the price that they will charge would probably be a little higher than you might find it for on ebay. Hard to guess a used price versus new - some things seem to sell for just slightly less than new (like pro lenses in good shape), some things for much less. If there aren't many out there, then you might only find a used one for close to the new price. If that's the case, you might want to stick with a new one - warranty reasons, etc.
  • 04-06-2004, 03:20 PM
    Mig
    KEH actually has one used for Canon right now - it's EX+ condition for $275. I bought mine used from B&H for around $250 I think.

Danielle
  • 04-06-2004, 03:35 PM
    kkraczek
    Thanks to both of you for the suggestions... I'll probably buy the one at keh, or there is one on Ebay for about the same price. Thanks again!
    :)
  • 04-06-2004, 05:30 PM
    kkraczek
    Quote:

Originally Posted by another view
    Check keh.com or mpex.com to see if either store has one. I've personally never dealt with these places but they sound like pretty decent stores. Calumet has a used department too.

In any case, the price that they will charge would probably be a little higher than you might find it for on ebay. Hard to guess a used price versus new - some things seem to sell for just slightly less than new (like pro lenses in good shape), some things for much less. If there aren't many out there, then you might only find a used one for close to the new price. If that's the case, you might want to stick with a new one - warranty reasons, etc.

O.K. now it comes down to this... I can save about $100 on a used lens, however, it will not work with the digitals, if I should decide to get one. Of course, I could always sell it if I buy a digital. Then again, the new ones DO work with digital. Decisions, decisions!
    :confused:
  • 04-06-2004, 06:40 PM
    Liz
    Why won't the Sigma work with digital?
    All of my lenses from my Canon SLR work with the Canon Rebel 300D (Digital SLR). I never had a problem here. Is it this specific lens that doesn't work? :confused:

Liz

Quote:

Originally Posted by kkraczek
    O.K. now it comes down to this... I can save about $100 on a used lens, however, it will not work with the digitals, if I should decide to get one. Of course, I could always sell it if I buy a digital. Then again, the new ones DO work with digital. Decisions, decisions!
    :confused:

• 04-06-2004, 07:00 PM
    kkraczek
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Liz
    All of my lenses from my Canon SLR work with the Canon Rebel 300D (Digital SLR). I never had a problem here. Is it this specific lens that doesn't work? :confused:

Liz

Sorry Liz, I was talking about the Sigma 105mm macro. The older version doesn't work with the digitals, but the newer version does. So I guess the answer is yes, it's this specific lens. Hope this helps!
  • 04-06-2004, 07:18 PM
    Liz
    Thanks, I didn't know........another question/comment
    This sounds vaguely familiar. I think I read somewhere that you can get it adjusted to fit - no charge. I may be wrong, but I know I've heard this about some Sigma lens/lenses, but not sure which ones.

Liz

Quote:

Originally Posted by kkraczek
    Sorry Liz, I was talking about the Sigma 105mm macro. The older version doesn't work with the digitals, but the newer version does. So I guess the answer is yes, it's this specific lens. Hope this helps!

• 04-06-2004, 07:27 PM
    kkraczek
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Liz
    This sounds vaguely familiar. I think I read somewhere that you can get it adjusted to fit - no charge. I may be wrong, but I know I've heard this about some Sigma lens/lenses, but not sure which ones.

Liz

Thanks Liz, I have e-mailed Sigma asking them that question. I'll post the answer as soon as I find out... thanks for the info! :)