Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

Remote Shutter release for multiple cameras simultaneously

I want to take pictures of a scene from different angles but at the very same instant. Simultaneously.

For example, GoPro has this wifi remote that can operate up to 50 cameras and trigger all at the same instant, but the wide angle of the gopro is not applicable to what I want to accomplish.

I'm interested to find a a remote shutter release similar to the gopro, but on a camera with more ability to control zoom, aperture, speed, etc…??

Many thanks in advance for your help

Usu

Re: Remote Shutter release for multiple cameras simultaneously

Getting an RF remotes unit that have the ability to be trigger by an master control will not be cheap, but to add control of zoom, aperture, and shutter speed? I do not think there is an off the shelf unit that can control all of that. There are programs from Canon & Nikon plus others that can control all of that for an single camera, but then does the software control more than one camera?
    GRF

Panorama Madness:

Nikon D800, 50mm F1.4D AF, 16-35mm, 28-200mm & 70-300mm

If all you want is to trigger the shutters, I would get several of the cheap (~$50US) radio triggers off ebay and use one transmitter and all of the receivers set to the same channel.
    -----------------
    I am no better than you. I critique to teach myself to see.
    -----------------
    Feel free to edit my photos or do anything else that will help me learn.
    -----------------
    Sony/Minolta - way more gear than talent.

Let mi clarify: I only want to trigger the shutter via the remote. I would set the aperture, speed, zoom etc, manually before I start shooting. The gopro doesn't have any ability to control anything, but provides the multiple remote control...

I looked at infrared adapters for cameras that have a remote trigger plug, but such cameras are expensive, and I would like to have at least 4.

I see all these new point and shoot with wifi, and if I could get the same as the gopro wifi remote that, as I said, can trigger up to 50 simultaneously, that would do it!!

Many thanks for the help.

Usu

As many of these as needed to have one per camera plus one for a trigger.
    PocketWizard Plus III Transceiver 801-130 B&H Photo Video

Yeah. I know about these remote triggers. But what's the least expensive camera that you can plug these to? Multiply times 4, plus the pocketwizard times 5......

Any camera that has a remote shutter plug in socket. Take your pick.

Quote Originally Posted by usuusu View Post
    I want to take pictures of a scene from different angles but at the very same instant. Simultaneously.

For example, GoPro has this wifi remote that can operate up to 50 cameras and trigger all at the same instant, but the wide angle of the gopro is not applicable to what I want to accomplish.

I'm interested to find a a remote shutter release similar to the gopro, but on a camera with more ability to control zoom, aperture, speed, etc…??

Many thanks in advance for your help

Usu
    try rsenterprizes.com for wireless shutter releases.note spelled with a "Z"

I think the Olympus EM-1 can be controlled from an app. I think focus and shutter fire for sure but I don't know of any that can be zoomed remotely with an app.
    The newer NEX series camera and the a7/7R also can be controlled with an app. If you use third party remotes it will get expensive.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Thread Information