Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

Going to Disney!! I have canon 5D&6D. Looking at Sony cyber-shot dsc-rx100 ii

I am looking for a camera for Disney any help will help me a lot. I want to enjoy my time with my family. I don't want to worry about my babies. (canon 5D and 6D). Here is what am looking for.
    1. Great pictures
    2. Like to shoot fireworks
    3. Compact
    4. No changeable lens
    I been looking at a Sony cyber-shot CSC-RX100ii. Please help

If you know of better camera that will do the job make a reply
    Last edited by Tomr406; 09-01-2014 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Adding more information

Re: Going to Disney!! I have canon 5D&6D. Looking at Sony cyber-shot dsc-rx100 ii

Please help

Re: Going to Disney!! I have canon 5D&6D. Looking at Sony cyber-shot dsc-rx100 ii

I have the RX100 mk 1 and I'm going to upgrade to the RX100 mk3. (The RX100 mk2 is like the mk1 with an improved sensor and a tilting screen (I think)

I'm very satisfied with the RX100. It is truly pocketable. It gives me pictures that I sometimes mistake for those taken with my D800. It is very good indoors and at night (at the wideangle setting) due to the f1.8 lens.

The only things I have to criticise about the mk1 (and mk2) are resolved on the mk3, hence the change:

1. The LCD is almost unusable in sunlight. You have a vague idea of what you are shooting but trying to see the expressions on people's faces is impossible. The mk3 has a real viewfinder (electronic but its better than nothing)
    2. The maximum aperture of the lens closes down to f4.9 at the maximum focal length (=105mm). On the mk3 the lens only goes out to a maximum focal length of 70mm (equivalent) but it keeps a maximum aperture of f2.8. This is better for me
    Charles

Nikon D800, D7200, Sony RX100m3
    Not buying any more gear this year. I hope

I wish I had money for the mk3. I should be fine with the mk2. Do you want sell the mk1? Leaving in few months

Thread Information