Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

Blurred image with Lumix LX1

Hi, My camera is Lumix LX 1. This is my pix.taken by my camera in outdoor. I zoomed it out and then cropped to show that the pixels seem to be mixing, if u can see. You can see the original pix before croping in my workspace. In my camera most of pix are like this that when I zoom them theri pixels seems mixing means picture is not sharp though I have set the sharpness and other things to maximum and ISO400 but still in all my pix the image is blurred. Is it my fault, camera model fault or the my camera fault and I should ask for warranty? Please comment... I need it.

Example:

zoomed and cropped

original

Re: Blurred image with Lumix LX1

Cropping in that tight will cause, noise. The original looks fine to me and what should be expected when cropping that much. If you want a close up you are just going to have to get close. Shooting at the lowest ISO and getting the exposure right will help. Some cameras have a noise reduction setting that needs to be turned on as well. I am not sure about this with the Lumix. I have read reviews that it is a great camera and that it takes excellant pictures.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

I have to agree with Greg.
    GRF

Panorama Madness:

Nikon D800, 50mm F1.4D AF, 16-35mm, 28-200mm & 70-300mm

I think your camera is fine - there's just only so much cropping you can do with any camera (film or digital) that you can do without losing a significant amount of quality.

We can't tell from the original shot how sharp it really is, but it doesn't have the jump-out-at-you sharp that some shots have, and if you're at ISO400 in late afternoon light the shutter speed might have caused some loss of sharpness if the camera was not on a tripod. Even if the shot was perfectly sharp and at ISO100, I don't think you'd be happy with the result you'd get with cropping that much.

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

It is as I expect with ISO400 and low light.
    Similar to the effect I see on my LZ-5.

I think you need to use the lowest ISO possible if you want to crop that much in low light.
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Thread Information