Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

film processing mailers

was wondering how these things worked out
    I always wanted to try Agfa Scala, but there is no local lab that does the process.
    The only way I could do it is if I send it off with one of those mailers you can buy at BH or something.
    Problem is that I live in Canada and I'm not sure if those mailers are good for Canada as well. What do you guys think?

Re: film processing mailers

I would think that any of the U.S. labs that do prepaid mailers (such as A&I - the ones sold by B&H) 'should' be able to send your prints or slides to Canada without a problem - albeit for an additional postage charge, of course. You would need to check with the company for their policy, of course.

And you would also have to pay the outbound postage on the mailer itself, as I'm pretty sure Canada Post doesn't honor the U.S. Prepaid postage on the mailer envelopes.

A better solution would be to find a supplier within Canada, which may take a little digging, just as it often does here. Remember, GOOGLE is your friend!

Re: film processing mailers

Looks like Scala has a special mailer. See it here. Not many places in North America process it so it's probably the best bet. Another option is the DR5 process. Not having done it myself I can't really recommend it, but looks interesting. Here's their website.

I've used the Kodak mailers before, and it took 2-3 weeks total. That's been a few years, but the amount of time it takes probably hasn't changed. Not sure either about shipping to Canada though.

Thread Information