Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

Thread: Enlargers???

i want to be a butterfly the other Ruth's Avatar

Question Enlargers???

Hello,

I dont suppose anyone out there lives in the East Midlands and has an old enlarger than needs re-homing? I'm a media Student at Lincoln university and have followed the 'Still image' route, but have taken a likeing to real (sorry tradional) photography and am now in need of an enlarger (poor student hard up-and I really am!)

So if anyone does have an enlarger they dont want anymore

Cheers

Ruth

Ruth,

My suggestion is to first decide what specific enlarger would suit your needs and then go about looking for one in the E. Midlands. Lots of people are getting rid of them really cheap these days. I got an Omega B22 off ebay for about 25 quid minus lens and baseboard.

i want to be a butterfly the other Ruth's Avatar
    Good idea, but I dont really know anything about enlargers, I only want to be able enlarge upto about A4 at most (if that). I just want to try my hand at tradional photography.

So any advice on what type i'd need (nothing too big though!)

Ruth

Your uni should have some kind of facility for you to have a go at darkroom stuff. I would really recommend this before buying your own stuff. The enlarger may not cost much, but as a student you may find the cost of all the other bits and pices adds up. Failing this you may find a local college offers evening courses in photography, it would enable you to use their equipment, learn abit about it so you can decide if you want to go ahead and pay out for darkroom equipment, and they will also be able to offer you lots of help and advice. The course may also be free or at least reduced if you are a full time student. Good luck!

Thread Information