• 08-28-2011, 05:48 PM
    Grandpaw
    Do you have an extra battery charger?
    I am curious as to how many of you have a second backup battery charger, I have always purchased one. Just about everyone buys extra batteries for backup but have you ever asked yourself what would happen if you lost your charger, broke it or something else happen to it? I just ordered my extra charger for my D7000 so I won't get caught without any battery power. If you don't have one it might be something to consider. Nothing like getting you equipment ready for a shoot the next day and your charger is broken, Jeff
  • 08-28-2011, 06:28 PM
    dl4449
    Re: Do you have an extra battery charger?
    You are right. I have three chargers and Three batterys so I can charge all the batterys at once if needed.
  • 08-28-2011, 06:46 PM
    PWhite214
    I have a couple of chargers set up at home, and one for each of our cars.

Phil
  • 08-29-2011, 05:17 AM
    mjs1973
    I do have 2 chargers for my DSLR batteries, but only because they came with my cameras. Both cameras use the same battery. :) I do wish the camera companies would make a charger that held, and charged multiple batteries at the same time. I think Canon makes a charger that holds 2 batteries, but if I remember correctly, it only charges one at a time...
  • 09-11-2011, 12:33 PM
    scaralgol
    You only need 1 charger and 1 battery pack to make ends meet.
  • 09-13-2011, 12:11 PM
    freygr
    It was easier when the batteries were AA or AAA. But now at my house there are 6 camera's and all take different batteries!
  • 09-29-2011, 08:59 AM
    mn shutterbug
    Good point. I used to have 2 chargers when I had 2 cameras, but I'm down to 1 camera and 1 charger now. Not real smart. Time to do some shopping.
  • 09-29-2011, 09:56 AM
    SmartWombat
    I know if the charger fails I can order one next day delivery from my Canon pro dealer, Park Cameras.

For the 1DS and 1D bodies they use the same batteries, so I have a spare charger (one from each body). Plus the charger has two leads so it will charge two batteries. So only one charger has ever been used!

For the XZ-1, GH-1, and EP-1 I have only one charger (and for the XZ-1 only one battery) but I know they can be sourced from the same pro dealer as they sell almost all brands.
    So Iīm not worried.

The XZ-1 charges from USB so thatīs easy to charge anywhere as long as I donīt lose the USB cable!
    I wish more cameras would do that.
  • 09-29-2011, 12:19 PM
    Franglais
    Quote:

Originally Posted by scaralgol View Post
    You only need 1 charger and 1 battery pack to make ends meet.

I don't agree. It is quite possible to use up an entire battery in a day's shooting and when you have finished your battery, there is no "make ends meet" you are faced with your client with no possibility to continue. Embarassing when it's a wedding...

Two batteries always. I only need one charger but I have several from all the gear I have bought
  • 09-29-2011, 12:46 PM
    Grandpaw
    I apologize to everyone that replied to my post for not coming back and responding to your comments. I thought I had done that until it got brought up again and I noticed I hadn't. Maybe I am loosing my mind because this has happened a couple of times lately. I check several times a day and click on the NEW POSTS tab so I can see the new posts and check for spam. Somehow when I do this I don't think I see all the new posts every time and then when I come back later and check again it is not included. I will try and do a better job on checking. Again I am sorry that I did not respond when you took the time to be a part of the thread. I have also been very busy with my parents and doctor visits for both of them. Thanks again to everyone for responding to my posts and I will try and do better, Jeff
  • 09-30-2011, 03:56 AM
    Greg McCary
    I am not a pro so no, I have only had to order one. I lost one, never a failure. But the one I ordered will charge in the car and I also have a small inverter to charge with. Not so much for my camera it just seems everything I own has to be charged or synced.
  • 09-30-2011, 05:23 AM
    Grandpaw
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg McCary View Post
    I am not a pro so no, I have only had to order one. I lost one, never a failure. But the one I ordered will charge in the car and I also have a small inverter to charge with. Not so much for my camera it just seems everything I own has to be charged or synced.

I have never had a charger fail either but I would sure be disappointed if it did fail the day before I went on vacation and my batteries were down. I always have a backup for everything just in case. Pro or not it can still cause some bad problems if it happens, Jeff
  • 10-02-2011, 04:29 PM
    MuskratPhoto
    I have 2 chargers and 3 batteries. I had one charger stop working on me,
    so I bought a spare to be on the safe side. The extra batteries have come in handy, I will often forget to charge one.