Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

Smile Camera Lens Fogging w/Humidity? Ways to prevent this?

I am going on vacation to a very humid place, last time I tried taking pics in high humidity my camera lens kept fogging up making it impossible? How does a person prevent this??? Thanks

Re: Camera Lens Fogging w/Humidity? Ways to prevent this?

Sounds like your camera was going from a cool environment such as your car or hotel room to hot and humid conditions. Try acculmating the camera to conditions and your lens shouldn't fog, or use some lens defogger, which I believe is mostly alcohol.

Z
    Hell, there are no rules here-- we're trying to accomplish something.
    Thomas A. Edison

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
    Thomas A. Edison

Yeah, you have to let your camera warm up before you shoot pictures with it. Not an easy way around it. Happens to me all the time here in Florida.

Tim
    My blog - Photography Rulez

'Slim' - K10D and *ist DL w/ SMCP DA 70mm 2.4 Limited, SMCP-DA 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6, SMC M 28mm f/2.8, SMC M 50mm f/1.7, and Tamron AF75-300mm f/4-5.6 LD Macro
    Slim of the Clan O'Canon - A1 w/ FD 28, 50, 70-210 & Sigma 500/1000 f8/f16

I'm a newbie. Would it be ill advised to use one of those battery heated socks placed over my digital camera to speed the process up. sometimes, waiting for it to aclimate takes ten to fifteen minutes. It's hard to rush out and catch something interesting at that kind of time.

Thread Information