• 08-23-2009, 04:16 AM
    Don Schaeffer
    New Old Camera: Pentax ME SUPER
    I don't know what made me do it but when a friend offered a very good confition film SLR, the Pentax ME Super for $50, I bought it with it's 50 mm lens and a very nice Sunpak flash. I really admired these cameras in the 70s when they came out and when I used my Miranda Sensorex. Now I have to figure out how I want to use this.
  • 08-23-2009, 05:18 AM
    Axle
    Re: New Old Camera: Pentax ME SUPER
    Good cameras! I used one for a while before dropping it down a silo at the Canada Malting Co. Plant in Toronto (by accident) we found it's smashed remains next time we were there.
  • 08-23-2009, 07:02 AM
    ken1953
    Awesome Don...I actually own 2 of the 50mm lenses that came with 2 different M series cameras...not the ME Supers but still good cams...I have tried to use the lenses on my digitals with some success, but need a lot of practice with manual focus. As for the cameras...they need some light seals and for me to get a desire to shoot some film. But, don't think I'll ever part with them. What little I have used them came out fantastic!!! Good luck with your new toys..
  • 08-23-2009, 10:38 AM
    Don Schaeffer
    Yeah. I buy these things because I love them but then can't find a time I'd like to use them.