• 06-21-2005, 01:01 PM
    kg65
    Viewing movies on digital camera
    I am sending a digital camera to my daughter, the little Panasonic D-Snap SVAS-10 (really more of a gadget than a camera), and I want to put a quicktime movie in the memory that she can watch when she gets it.

Although you can easily record movies on the thing and watch them, I have a movie taken on a DV camcorder that I want to dumb down and load on the D-snap.

I reformated my movie to match the format of the files that the D-snap makes (I matched file format and dimensions), and I named it to fit into the naming convention of the D-snap files. I even generated a little jpeg thumbnail to associate.

When I view on the D-snap, though, I see the jpeg thumbnail, and it shows a movie icon, but when I try to play it, it just beeps at me.

I assume that there is some secret formatting step that I don't know about.

Just for experiment, I tried a similar process with a Nikon digital camera that I have. I had even less success.

Does anyone know how to make this work?
  • 08-23-2011, 02:11 AM
    Cherish
    Re: Viewing movies on digital camera
    I don't have the same one. But The camera that I have. That is easy to operate. I have seen so many movies on that camera. Now I am planning to watch Dolphin tale. That is simple. You just have to follow the instructions that are coming on the screen. Then this becomes easy to do this.
  • 08-24-2011, 04:26 PM
    Skyman
    Re: Viewing movies on digital camera
    My guess is that unless you use exactly the same codec as the camera uses then it won't work. But it is also possible that there is something in the exif data that lets the camera know that the video was made by the camera. perhaps you could try fudging the exif data. I think it is a moot point though, she could always just watch the movie on the computer...