Video editing software

Printable View

• 10-20-2013, 05:07 PM
    cruzthepug
    Video editing software
    Starting my Christmas shopping list, my sister tells me my nephew is wanting video editing software. Since I know nothing about it, what would be a good package for 13 year old? Will be used on a Windows machine.

thanks in advance
  • 10-31-2013, 01:47 AM
    alva
    Re: Video editing software
    i too want to know the best editing software
  • 11-08-2013, 06:16 PM
    Skyman
    This is really a how long is a piece of string question. Adobe premier pro is probably the standout for a pc but it is expensive and may be challenging for a 13 year old to learn (although adobe does publish a book called "classroom in a book" that would be more than enough to get him up and running)

these days however there are plenty of powerful and easy to user tools. I have user pinnacle before and found it ok (but that was several versions ago) It seems like cyberlink's offering is popular. I haven't used it, but I found their dvd creation software ok for basic tasks but overly simplistic with restrictive menus.

really it depends on how much you can afford, what the pc it will go on can handle and what he wants to achieve out of it (over and above what you can get out of windows movie maker for free)
  • 12-09-2013, 05:07 AM
    JohnMur
    One worth looking at that won't break the bank is Movie Edit Pro
  • 12-09-2013, 06:46 AM
    bitflogger
    I've always liked Vegas which Sony bought a number of years ago. It was my choice until moving to a Mac for all the video processing I do.

After several years with a Pro lic I got one of the mid level licenses and it's all most people need. Vegas is particularly good for sound and granular control because the product has its roots in professional music production software.

The Sonic Foundry roots make Vegas great for lots of sound track options and making royalty and copyrights easy.

I was pleasantly surprised to learn Vegas and Sony creative apps are still developed and supported a mile from my house in the US.
  • 04-27-2016, 10:42 PM
    alva
    I use my Canon Camera to capture video files but I failed to play it on my Mobo player it plays the video in black/white and some weird color. I knew it was due to compatibility issues. Then my friend suggested me to use Canon video Converter. With the help of this powerful Video Converter, you can convert and play any camcorder videos on your portable player.
  • 05-06-2016, 12:37 AM
    warmchirping
    Here are 2016's top video editing software according to Top Ten Reviews.

The Best Video Editing Software of 2016 | Top Ten Reviews
  • 05-20-2016, 04:53 AM
    edwards142
    For the conversion of your camera recorded video files to other format I want to share an amazing tool with you all which not only transcode your video file to other supportable format but also provide you with so many editing features. Personally, I love to use this tool when I face any such kind of unsupportable format issue. Canon video Converter . With the help of this powerful Video Converter, you can convert and play any camcorder videos on your portable player.Hopefully it will work for you also…..so try it!!!
  • 05-22-2016, 07:30 AM
    gregoro
    I use Power Director 13 from 1 year and for me work fine. Now there is part 14.
  • 11-06-2019, 06:43 AM
    licsantos
    Here are 2016's top video editing software according to Top Ten Reviews.
  • 11-15-2019, 01:47 AM
    kristy
    Do you need equipment only for making videos? Or do you want to find a quality equipment for watching too? I can recommend you to visit a site where I found useful information about such equipment for me https://www.infomir.eu/eng/products/iptv-stb/mag420/ . I think you can find some information for you there.
  • 02-19-2020, 04:10 AM
    Shankardx
    Windows Movie production was once the world's most popular free video editing tool for Windows, where users can make home movies with just drag and drop. It includes features such as video effects, video transitions, adding subtitles/captions, audio tracks, timeline narration, and automatic movies.
  • 02-27-2020, 02:51 AM
    semidotinfotech
    I think Avidemux is one of the best video editing software.
  • 03-16-2020, 04:49 AM
    topstik
    I use "OpenShot Video Editor" site. Is this website good for video editing?
  • 06-03-2020, 09:08 PM
    Ariesy
    See many posts looking for “best video editing software”. In my view, the best totally depends on what you intent to get.

Easy editors like:
    Windows Movie Maker (windows 7/8/xp), iMovie (mac only), Avidemux, Openshot are good for beginners who want to make simple cut/trim, add pictures/transitions, etc.
    Shotcut, Kdenlive, HitFilm can do more in adding customized effect, picture/subtitle/stickers overly as well as flexibly changing speed, aspect ratio

DaVinci Resolve is best for people who need to make lots of color correction works as well as many advanced edits. And it’s free.
    Premiere Pro has every reason to be the go-to option for experts. It has one of my favorite feature-- auto reframe (motion crop video).
  • 04-09-2021, 12:37 AM
    Maria2020
    Thank you for sharing the list of apps. More information about live stream video analysis with computer vision you may find in this article: https://requestum.com/live-stream-video-analysis
  • 04-11-2021, 02:57 AM
    Carol55
    Many many are found with the problem of what you need to process any roller, but on all free programs you can see a whole bunch of restrictions. Therefore, I advise you https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freemake_Video_Converter. Freemake Video Converter is a free universal application, install the program on your computer and use it with pleasure.
  • 05-31-2021, 09:28 AM
    Patritio
    If we are talking about the software already, have you went to any company for AI software development? Do you have a company worth recommending? I was looking at https://addepto.com/, any experiences?
  • 06-18-2021, 05:28 AM
    Trial
    I'm wondering which software has enough video editing tools, but not too difficult for a beginner to use.
  • 06-18-2021, 08:05 AM
    Reese
    Quote:

Originally Posted by topstik View Post
    I use "OpenShot Video Editor" site. Is this website good for video editing?

I have never used online video editors before. It seems to me that this is a good solution if you need to correct the colors in the video a little or you want to add a caption. But such extensions have few tools that are needed for professional video editing. If you make changes to videos from time to time, then you can continue to use this site. If you want to improve your skills and learn how to work with professional video editing software, then it's better to start using other programms.I love movavi products, and there is a lot of educational material on their website, for example, tutorials like here https://www.movavi.com/learning-port...enerators.html . The info from this article helped me get the glitch effect I wanted in the video.
  • 11-03-2021, 07:36 AM
    steve7876
    I have CS 5 design premium. I am checking out VSDC currently.

I am still learning about how to edit videos but is there a way to add text to the middle of the video without it being over the video itself? I figured out how to add a title to it. I have been playing around with wondershare filmora
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ornaments