Digital Video Forum

Digital Video Forum Discuss camcorders, HD video, HD DSLRs, video editing, DV software, and video techniques. Your DV forum moderator is Skyman.
Read and Write Camcorder Reviews >>
    bsuzette

Advice on New waterproof video and Camera

Hey,

Not sure if Im on the right topic here, but Im asking for advice on purchasing a new digital video recorder/ and still picture camera. I do alot of scuba diving and I am wanting the camera to have waterproof capacity up to atleast 12foot and 2 hours. Also would need to be capable of recording in motion, such as when mountainbiking and kitesurfing.

Is there anything on the market that anyone knows about that is easy to use, takes decent photos as well and easy to download? I've noticed many cameras on the market have one touch download buttons now... It would be great if I could order it online with delivery.

Cheers

Suzy

Re: Advice on New waterproof video and Camera

In the video realm, there really isn't anything that is any more than splash proof. sure broadcast cameras might be rain proof, but in terms of submesrion you really need to be looking at underwater houseings.
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur

I know it's an old post but I have been happy with my Pentax W60 and now I see the new W90 has better video and more resistance to the elements.

Quote Originally Posted by bitflogger
    I know it's an old post but I have been happy with my Pentax W60 and now I see the new W90 has better video and more resistance to the elements.
    I just got a box from Pentax that should contain a W90. I need to shoot a box-opening video later today and then I'll take it out for what looks to be an epic backcountry ski day, tomorrow. I should have a preview article with sample photos and video up within the week. I already have a preview article up for the [url=http://reviews.photographyreview.com/blog/olympus-stylus-tough-8010-waterproof-camera-preview/=Olympus Stylus Tough-8010 waterproof digital camera[/url]. And I agree that these cameras are probably the simplest solution for people like Suzy. Many of them now have 720p HD video and are waterproof to as much as 30 feet.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    I just got a box from Pentax that should contain a W90. I need to shoot a box-opening video later today and then I'll take it out for what looks to be an epic backcountry ski day, tomorrow. I should have a preview article with sample photos and video up within the week. I already have a preview article up for the [url=http://reviews.photographyreview.com/blog/olympus-stylus-tough-8010-waterproof-camera-preview/=Olympus Stylus Tough-8010 waterproof digital camera[/url]. And I agree that these cameras are probably the simplest solution for people like Suzy. Many of them now have 720p HD video and are waterproof to as much as 30 feet.
    I look forward to that review, and it was nice to see the Olympus uses SD cards now.

The W60 is still great so I got a Panasonic ZS3 at a blow out price. It is not weather resistant but I want to compare the video and sound to a Flip Mino and see how much better it would be as a mountain bike camera than the W60. Better meaning the zoom, video as it's hard to be the W's size and format.

Thread Information