Digital Video Forum

Digital Video Forum Discuss camcorders, HD video, HD DSLRs, video editing, DV software, and video techniques. Your DV forum moderator is Skyman.
Read and Write Camcorder Reviews >>

Thread: JVC Captruing

JVC Captruing

I have a JVC GR-DF550 and I love it....I have a problem though when it comes to transfering iit to my PC.. I have a new firewire card and cable so i dont think thats it...But i notice a loss in the crispness and colors upon transfer...I;m transfering them at the highest rate NTSC. Can anyone fill me in on the problem?? thanks

Re: JVC Captruing

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcShorty
    I have a JVC GR-DF550 and I love it....I have a problem though when it comes to transfering iit to my PC.. I have a new firewire card and cable so i dont think thats it...But i notice a loss in the crispness and colors upon transfer...I;m transfering them at the highest rate NTSC. Can anyone fill me in on the problem?? thanks
    this can be a tough one to solve. what capture card do you have and is there a setup option on it? if not what are the caption options available on your editing software? more often than not it is down to poor capture setings. in rare cases it is your monitor. to check if it is the monitor capture edit and export back to a different tape then play the original tape back and the edited one to see if there is a difference.

Thread Information