Digital Video Forum

Digital Video Forum Discuss camcorders, HD video, HD DSLRs, video editing, DV software, and video techniques. Your DV forum moderator is Skyman.
Read and Write Camcorder Reviews >>

Is there a good DVD ripper to copy dvd's to my hard drive?

I just bought a new computer and tried to copy a DVD to my hard drive, the transfer was succesful?

however when i tried to see the video again from my hard drive it was very jubled both the video and the audio. Video will show still frames of the movie for various seconds and then skip to another one and audio skips like a scratched CD. When i play the DVD (bourne Identitiy) directly from my DVD player it plays just fine. i have a 64 bit dual core amd processor, 2 gigs of ram, 300+ free gigs of hard drive space and this movie was the first thing i have put on my computer since i got it yesterday. What could be causing this?

I was told this problem was because i need a DVD ripper to get the whole DVD,

if that is true i would like to know how to get one and where to get it from.

Re: Is there a good DVD ripper to copy dvd's to my hard drive?

go to google and do a search on "free dvd ripper software" you will get lots of hits. Just download and install anyone that strikes your fancy.

bluesguy

Re: Is there a good DVD ripper to copy dvd's to my hard drive?

Quote Originally Posted by bluesguy
    go to google and do a search on "free dvd ripper software" you will get lots of hits. Just download and install anyone that strikes your fancy.

bluesguy
    It is a good idea to do a search for "legal DVD ripper software" to see what you're getting into. Use of unapproved software to decrypt a DVD so you can copy it to your hard drive may be illegal, depending on where you live.
    Charles

Nikon D800, D7200, Sony RX100m3
    Not buying any more gear this year. I hope

Thread Information