Digital Video Forum

Digital Video Forum Discuss camcorders, HD video, HD DSLRs, video editing, DV software, and video techniques. Your DV forum moderator is Skyman.
Read and Write Camcorder Reviews >>

Still from video

Hi folks,

Using the software that came with my videocam, I could only capture a still up to 640x480. Am I being constrained by the technology used, the software or something else?

Thanx In Advance,
    Shah

Re: Still from video

Shah, as far as i know, caturing a still from video will not yield good results... at least not off screen... and yes I pretty much think this is as much as you will get!

I don't think this is an issue of your software...

although i must say I would have expected a slightly bigger still (720 x 570) or something like that!
    Marc

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing left to add, but rather, when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de St-Exupery

Kindly do NOT edit my photos - I would rather try and apply your advice and learn...

My Ramblings....

you will be bound by whatever the constraints of the video format you are using is, but 640 X 480 whilst on the low side by todays standards is still to be expected. Incidentally digital video is 720X576 if in pal format and High Definition digital is 1080 X 960.

576..... after all these years talking and working along side editors.... I still forget the damned 6!!
    Marc

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing left to add, but rather, when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de St-Exupery

Kindly do NOT edit my photos - I would rather try and apply your advice and learn...

My Ramblings....

Thread Information