Digital Video Forum

Digital Video Forum Discuss camcorders, HD video, HD DSLRs, video editing, DV software, and video techniques. Your DV forum moderator is Skyman.
Read and Write Camcorder Reviews >>

Question Sport Worthy Camera

Hey my names matt first time poster on this site and i hope you can give me some good information

I am an avid skateboarder who has just finished a course in photography (which isnt going to help with my qeustion i fear) anyway, i would really like to buy a video camera that will give me these aspects.
    - High Frames Per Second (say around 70ish to maybe 120)
    - HD (not nessescary but would be nice)
    - Works with computers well and easily (Camera cards would be a great help)
    - Works with Video Editing software (i have Ulead 11)
    - Can attach a Fish Eye lens with ease and be taken off
    - Tripod attachment
    - not nessecary to have these next features but would be good, Black and White filming mode, a good zoom doesnt have to be too far but NOT just a digital zoom.

I will check back on this tommorow at about 2pm English time (GMT) but if you think you can really help me out please please please send me a Message.

i will try to respond to all answers if needed.

so really i need help with camera selections. if i need to make a handle for the camera i can do so in time, but suggestions that would meet all or some of the things in the list above would be great. thanks alot for your time and interest in my question

Re: Sport Worthy Camera

This video is quite a good example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHU_j...eature=channel

Though the cameras quality isnt very good evn when you press HQ i know its youtube compressing the video file. so HD would handy thanks (Forgot to mention a decent battery life is needed if i need to buy a spare so be it) but at the end of the video at around 1:21 the slow mo part hasnt got a very good FPS set and can see all the frames one after the other. im tryin to avoid that.
    thanks again

Re: Sport Worthy Camera

Sorry no one has answered you yet. I don't know much about video cameras, but if you want a hard drive camera that also uses SD memory cards, the first company I think of is Panasonic. They were the first manufacturer to get serious about SD video cameras. They also have a long history of making professional-level video cameras. So that's the first place I'd look.

On thing you didn't mention is your budget. How much are you looking to spend?
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Thread Information