Digital Video Forum

Digital Video Forum Discuss camcorders, HD video, HD DSLRs, video editing, DV software, and video techniques. Your DV forum moderator is Skyman.
Read and Write Camcorder Reviews >>

Back to the real world

I have been a little frustrated of late with the pc and adobe premier pro, it is a nice piece of software and all but i yearned to go back to my roots. it appears that media 100 (the software of choice from my uni days) has dropped off the face of the planet but i have just completely rebuilt a mac g4 and although still waiting for some ram it is performing very nicely. next task is to instal fcp4 and lock myself away for a week or so, i can't wait!

MJS
    Digital Video Moderator

Re: Back to the real world

Are you still connected to any type of teaching or class taking. Some of the retailers up my way have educational pricing for their products. Avid is always fair to my students, offering Xpress Pro HD for PC or MAC at $295 U.S. for the edu discount. Does Apple do the same? The Final Cut Studio is available for $699 US to educators, I'm thinking of getting a copy of two so I can get my kids ready for MAC enabled Universities. Good luck with your hibernation.
    Michael
    Nikon Samurai #8
    Avid Editor
    Sony Shogun

[QUOTE=MJS]Are you still connected to any type of teaching or class takingQUOTE]
    currantly working as a designer/webmaster/editor/photograhper/dogsbody for the Marist Brothers head office, so not only can i buy any software i want at accademic prices i can salary sacrifice it as well! I would like to learn avid at some point (i have only played with it once) although the interface is very similar to pro tools. I actually have a copy of fcp that was given to me by someone who couldn't teach themselves, but alas my g3 was not up to scratch only managing to run fcp2 at frustratingly slow rates. hopefully i will instal it tonight and be up and cutting (i want to re cut some stuff i did at uni to keep my eye in) over christmas.

MJS
    Digital Video Moderator

If you ever come state side for a visit come on down my way. I can give you a one or two day Avid crash course on a PC platform. I haven't spent any money on an apple yet but am considering adding one to the school inventory.

Have a great time with the final cut.
    Michael
    Nikon Samurai #8
    Avid Editor
    Sony Shogun

Thread Information