Digital Video Forum

Digital Video Forum Discuss camcorders, HD video, HD DSLRs, video editing, DV software, and video techniques. Your DV forum moderator is Skyman.
Read and Write Camcorder Reviews >>

Sony SR82 Questions

I am a bit baffled about this camcorder. I can use it fine and understand all the principles, but I want to get the video off of the camera onto my pc so that I can edit/convert it. The issue is that the files are stored as mpg's which is fine with me. The issue turns out that the sound is NOT inside the mpg. If you just browse the hard drive in the camera from your pc, you see the mpg and if you play it in any player, it plays the movie with no sound. However, if you use the crappy Sony software, it will play with sound. Thats the issue though, I have to use that software and it is not capable of doing what I want. For example, I want to make some video edits, then save it in an avi and a DVD format on my pc hard drives. With the Sony software, you can ONLY send it to a DVD directly, and not to DVD file storage on your pc hard drive. You also cannot convert to over formats. I have done all this many times before when the sound is included in the files, but since the sound is seperate, I do not know how to handle it.

Any ideas?

MJS
    Digital Video Moderator

Re: Sony SR82 Questions

I haven't had the opportunity to work with the consumer HD cameras yet. Is there any type of support forum on the Sony site?
    Michael
    Nikon Samurai #8
    Avid Editor
    Sony Shogun

Thread Information