Digital Video Forum

Digital Video Forum Discuss camcorders, HD video, HD DSLRs, video editing, DV software, and video techniques. Your DV forum moderator is Skyman.
Read and Write Camcorder Reviews >>

Re: Beginer question/Making a DVD!

Hi – this is my 1st post. Just bought my 1st camcorder – sony hr10 E. I have taken some clips and managed to get them on the computer in the sony software. Can anyone instruct me how to merge the 5/6 clips and burn ontu a dvd? Ca you just drag and drop like when you burn music to a cd??

Im not too bothered about editing right now as I need to get some rough clips off to someone soon.

Many thanks!

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Re: Beginer question

hi, bridget.
    Hopefully a moderator will see this and move it to either digital video or software, maybe.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Re: sony hr10 E - Making a DVD

what file format does your sony record to? if you have a burning application like nero that can convert the files then the process is simple enough, if not then you need to convert them to a format that can be played on a dvd player before burning. I use adobe encore, but that is massive overkill for what you want to do. If you are happy for them to watch the files on their computer then you can burn a "data dvd" with the uncoverted files. this can be read by most computers but will usually not work in a dvd player.

Thread Information