software advice please

Printable View

• 08-05-2007, 06:02 PM
    cameron665
    software advice please
    I have just purchased a Sony DCR SR200. Can anyone recommend some editing software for under $350AU that will allow editing finalising onto a DVD?
    Thanks
  • 08-05-2007, 08:15 PM
    Rocket_Scientist
    Re: software advice please
    For what it's worth... I posted a response to this over in the Digital Imaging and Computers Forum.
  • 08-06-2007, 01:24 PM
    MJS
    What kind of computer. Mac or PC?
  • 08-07-2007, 02:47 PM
    cameron665
    I'm new to the video editing caper. I have trialled Sony Vegas Platinum for a couple of days but have only done basic editing so far. How does Pinnacle or Adobe stack up? My existing laptop is 31/2 years old and a bit behind the times. I'll be upgrading soon and would be running Windows XP pro. Proposed hardware will be 2Gb RAM, 80 Gb 7200rpm hard drive and DVD burner. Plus I have an external 80Gb hard drive. Camera downloads via USB 2.0. Is proposed hardware sufficient? The camera has 5.1 sound - is this a factor in software selection?
    Is there any one product that edits as well as making the DVD more user friendly i.e. menus? Or do I need something like DVD architect?
    Regards
  • 08-07-2007, 08:05 PM
    MJS
    For what you're doing, the vegas platinum and DVD architect are a pretty good combo. Pinnacle and Adobe are both more advanced. Stick with what you have for the time being and see how you like it.