Digital Video Forum

Digital Video Forum Discuss camcorders, HD video, HD DSLRs, video editing, DV software, and video techniques. Your DV forum moderator is Skyman.
Read and Write Camcorder Reviews >>

Video that drives you?

Okay looking for some constructive criticism on this.
    Thanks in Advance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kb_c6geKV4

Re: Video that drives you?

Sorry for the delay in posting a response I don't know why I missed this one.

I had to watch it a couple of times to get my head around it. The concept is good, but you are up against the fact that people are used to more of a spectacle in this sort of video and some of your footage isn't so instantly gratifying (which may be your point but if so it doesn't come out clearly) right up till the speedboat wheelie it is excellent, and then some of the timing starts to drop away. Again I am assuming you cut it to the music, well some of your clips hang on a little to long in my opinion. others are distracting as the camera really shakes a lot and some of them, the pan of the people on the bridge don't really contribute anything to the narrative. Again after the speedboat you loose a bit of direction as the diversity of the clips you use narrows down. I would have included some footage of people filming things and taking photographs etc as well as some more urban shots and perhaps things like fireworks and weddings.

At the start of this film I felt like I was going to be watching something very inspiring and the rest of the film slowly takes that feeling away.

Hey thanks skyman I removed the video so I can try and rework it out from some of your suggestions. I'll repost it later down the road.

I think it was Steven Spielberg who said a film is never finished only laid aside!

Thread Information