Digital Video Forum

Digital Video Forum Discuss camcorders, HD video, HD DSLRs, video editing, DV software, and video techniques. Your DV forum moderator is Skyman.
Read and Write Camcorder Reviews >>

Shooting streaming web video

I would like to know if I can get away with shooting some clips for my website with a digital camera(I have not bought it yet) I was wondering if I could get away with a camera that will do both as I need to get a camera anyway.....any ideas?
    http://www.kayakfishingstuff.com

Quote Originally Posted by joey2509
    I would like to know if I can get away with shooting some clips for my website with a digital camera(I have not bought it yet) I was wondering if I could get away with a camera that will do both as I need to get a camera anyway.....any ideas?
    Web video is low quality to begin with, I don't see any reason why a digital camera with video wouldn't suit your needs just fine.
    -Seb

My website

(Please don't edit and repost my images without my permission. Thank you)

How to tell the most experienced shooter in a group? They have the least amount of toys on them.

What type of videos are you planning on putting on your website? I guess the main thing would be if you're going for higher quality then get a camera that can capture video at 30fps. 15fps is what alot of cameras can do, but more and more can do 30fps and will look more like stuff that comes from a camcorder.
    60Hz Productions
    Great pictures are taken with the mind...the problem lies in getting the dang camera to take the same picture!

Basically it willb e some smal clips, like 2 minutes or so that are how to rig rig a kayak for fishing....I am thinking or getting the sony P-10..any thoughts on that camera?
    http://www.kayakfishingstuff.com

joey, would this quality be good?

http://homepage.mac.com/algodden/dan...Theater21.html

plus its more how you encode it... have a look at the video and tell me if the quality is what your after

wow thank penny..(my mums name also) i appreciate that, its not hard to do its just that the way its put together makes me feel emotional, know what i mean? those dedications are to my brother nick and my partners father and grandfather...

thanks for the positives

Thread Information