Digital Video Forum

Digital Video Forum Discuss camcorders, HD video, HD DSLRs, video editing, DV software, and video techniques. Your DV forum moderator is Skyman.
Read and Write Camcorder Reviews >>

question: where to sell second-hand canon video camera?

Hi everybody,

I am new to this forum and I was wondering if there was any sound advice on how to sell my Canon MVX3i. I have used it twice and it is in excellent conditions, but I haven't got a clue on how to get a fair price for it and where to sell it.

Even in London I am struggling to find shops that sell used camcorders, they all seem to be interested only in cameras.

Is Ebay my only option or are there honest shops that can pay for what it is worth? Thank you for your help, any suggestion will be more than welcome

Silvia

Re: question: where to sell second-hand canon video camera?

no shop is going to pay you what it is worth. back in my photographic retail days we used to sell a lot of second hand gear. Typically we paid someone half what we expected to sell it for and we expected to sell it for half the value of the new equivalent model and the new equivalent model is invariably a lot cheaper than what you paid for the camera. Also most shops don't tend to sell second hand video cameras unless they are broadcast cameras as the cost of repairs on them is simply to expensive and for a store to offer something for sale there needs to be some form of warranty on the sale (if only three months) ebay is a good option if you really need to sell it, however beware that what you think it is worth may be a lot less than what other people think it is worth. otherwise i would see if there is a deserving friend or relative who would appreciate it and make use of it.

Thread Information