Digital Video Forum

Digital Video Forum Discuss camcorders, HD video, HD DSLRs, video editing, DV software, and video techniques. Your DV forum moderator is Skyman.
Read and Write Camcorder Reviews >>

Something Different For Me

I've made a whole bunch of box-opening and tradeshow videos now. My editing skills are getting a touch better and my video gear has improved a ton. What I haven't done is any kind of narrative video. Pretty much everything has been my straightforward on-a-tripod educational style. So I decided on a little project and followed through with it. It's a cooking video where I make my favorite sandwich - a BLTA (bacon, lettuce, tomato and avocado). I shot this with the Olympus E-P2 Micro Four Thirds camera. A lot of it was shot with the camera's continuous auto focus. That didn't work so well but I figured it made a good sample video for people who want to know how the E-P2 performs. I think the video image quality is good but continuous AF should be used very selectively.

BLTA Sandwich How-To Video >>

Anyway, I wanted to share. Friends and acquaintances appear to have been entertained by this video. And as far as content goes - this really is a special sandwich. Feel free to abuse (critique) me. I am working on improving my video skills. Poking around on Vimeo shows me just what a baby I am with video. Humility is good for the soul though, right?
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Re: Something Different For Me

Locking the door to office and am off to the house to start frying bacon!
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

that was great. you didn't get into the toasted or untoasted debate...probably too controversial!

Quote Originally Posted by Iguanamom
    that was great. you didn't get into the toasted or untoasted debate...probably too controversial!
    There's no debate - toasted. Anything else is sub-par and indicates generally questionable taste.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Watch out Rachel Ray Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

PJ you should have warned me. I am on diet at the moment and now I have a craving for bacon.

incidentaly, you really don't need to use fades so much, they are usually only used to mask jaring editing jumps. and a tripod all the time (or a very steady operator) really really helps. having some steady shots and some shaky is quite distracting.
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur

Thread Information