Digital Video Forum

Digital Video Forum Discuss camcorders, HD video, HD DSLRs, video editing, DV software, and video techniques. Your DV forum moderator is Skyman.
Read and Write Camcorder Reviews >>

Problem with my SONY HD cam

I have a big problem with my SONY HDR-SR10E http://www.afterdawn.com/hardware/pr...sony_hdr-sr10e
    The thing is that I am helping a friend to record a soccer video. However, when I watch the video on the cam everything looks great.

But when copying it to my computer and playing it with VLC player it looks like if the camera is not able to catch up with the player. Hard to explain but I have uploaded a video (it is in .MTS format so you need VLC or similar to play it) so that you guys can get an idea of what I am talking about.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=5...4e75f6e8ebb871

I have a quite powerful compute (Quad 2.9 ghz, 4 gb DDR2 and 1 gb graphic card) so I do not think that it is my computer fault. I have also tested to play the files on other computers with the same results.

I would really appreciate if someone could tell me what I can do to get rid of this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Problem with my SONY HD cam

The issue is with sony's codec. At the moment I only know that Vegas (sony) and the new versions of Premier (adobe) properly support the codecs. to the best of my knowledge non of the various media players do it properly. using premier or vegas to convert the video to a more compliant format will fix your problems though. I don't recommend installing a codec pack no matter where you get it from. fixing issues relating to corrupt or wrongly installed codecs is a nightmare. I had the same problem with a very similar camera. I even used sony's software to convert the files which worked ok but I lost audio synch. finally when I upgraded from premier 2 to premier 4 it worked fine. The guy who gave me the video files used vegas as it came with his camera and he had no issues.
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur

Thread Information