Digital Video Forum

Digital Video Forum Discuss camcorders, HD video, HD DSLRs, video editing, DV software, and video techniques. Your DV forum moderator is Skyman.
Read and Write Camcorder Reviews >>

Ripping / Converting DVD's FLV's etc

There have been a few requests of late as to how you convert Rip DVD's, convert FLV files etc to wmv or avi or many other formats. We remind people that this site takes copyright laws seriously. In most cases the ripping of dvd's (even to make a backup copy) and converting flv files breaches local copyright laws. I have heard many excuses as to why people think it is ok to do this and I am not seeking to become the moral police.

I would remind everyone though, just because we can doesn't mean we should. This site is primarily about photography and many of our regular contributors make their living selling their photos, so copying anything without the knowledge of the copyright owner impacts on the ability of the copyright owner to make a living.

For this reason we are requesting that people don't post instructions on how to RIP / Convert items that might lead others to infringe copyright. We are hoping that film makers will feel comfortable sharing their work on Photographyreview.com to gain constructive feedback without the fear of having someone steal their work.

Re: Ripping / Converting DVD's FLV's etc

easiest way to convert files is... i forgot the name. lol

I was wondering , if I or someone use water marks on their photo or videos, can someone still actually steal it? My girl keeps telling me to put water marks on my work and I keep forgetting.

I don't recall seeing any discussion in my internet searches on someone completely disassembling a Seeburg mech down to every last piece. It looks like a pretty daunting task. Has anyone ever done it? I have two identical 160ST28 mechs. I'm thinking it "might" be interesting to re-do one from the ground up. My hands are still steady and my eyesight is good, but I'd be curious to hear from anyone who's actually done it.

Quote Originally Posted by airmikey View Post
    I was wondering , if I or someone use water marks on their photo or videos, can someone still actually steal it? My girl keeps telling me to put water marks on my work and I keep forgetting.
    Yeah, you should protect your photos and videos' copyrgiht from unauthorized using.
    Last edited by Frapolo; 11-25-2014 at 01:39 AM. Reason: quote
    Whenever you have a problem, just sing your favourite song!
    You will realize that your voice is far worse than your problem!
    TRUE STORY !!!

Thread Information