Digital Video Forum

Digital Video Forum Discuss camcorders, HD video, HD DSLRs, video editing, DV software, and video techniques. Your DV forum moderator is Skyman.
Read and Write Camcorder Reviews >>

Panasonic SV-AV100 help please!

Hi - I'm hoping someone here can help me.

I've got a panasonic as-av100 dsnap video camera and have got a problem with the LCD. Or maybe the lens, who knows!

I am getting no picture at all on the LCD. All the function indicators are showing up (battery life, date, etc) and I can playback footage stored on the memory card fine but its like I've still got the lens cap on (i haven't!) as the lcd is just black. I've checked to see if anything is in front of the lens and there isnt anything blocking it.

Has anyone come across this before? Any ideas as to what it might be?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Re: Panasonic SV-AV100 help please!

hi mrammons welcome to the boards!
    Unfortunatley it sounds like there is either a problem with the ccd or the connection of the ccd. The other possibility is that there is a problem with the lens not letting enough light into the camera. Either way it is going to be a job for a technician. Find out who your local panasonic repairers are and take it to them.
    let us know how you go.
    Simon

Re: Panasonic SV-AV100 help please!

Quote Originally Posted by Skyman
    hi mrammons welcome to the boards!
    Unfortunatley it sounds like there is either a problem with the ccd or the connection of the ccd. The other possibility is that there is a problem with the lens not letting enough light into the camera. Either way it is going to be a job for a technician. Find out who your local panasonic repairers are and take it to them.
    let us know how you go.
    Simon
    Thats what I feared. Oh well I'll take it in somewhere on Monday and see what they say. Thanks for the help and I'll keep you posted.

Thread Information